Bill Hewat is highly qualified and experienced and extremely well respected in the South Island building community. As a home improvement, renovation and building specialist, his experience and qualifications are extensive:
Licensed Building Practitioner (site 3)
A site 3 license is the highest classification of the three categories of building licences. A Site 3 license holder must understand;
- The Purpose of the Building Act and the Building Code
- How to interpret Building Code Compliance Documents
- The relevance of building-related legislation
- The roles, responsibilities and work of key parties
- The building and resource consent process
Additional requirements are evidence of the following attributes:
- Technical knowledge of construction methods and practice
- Interpret contract documents
- Understand procurement models
- Work with design loads
- Manage administration
- Manage development of and implement site procedures, control and direct site performance.
- Manage project team and personnel
- Manage and direct technical supervision personnel
- Obtain documentation required by the owner to confirm the building consent
- 2009; NZIOB (New Zealand Institute of Building) Award for Excellence in the Building Profession.
- 2008; MBA (Master Builders Award) for the best commercial building.
- 1995; Beta Award for Energy Efficiency in Buildings
- Bill Hewat has an enviable safety record, with no “serious harm injuries” occurring on his projects.
- Bill Hewat is a “Safety Supervisors Gold Card” holder.
- Bill Hewat is a certified Site Safe Supervisor.